Master Data Science
Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents
All the examination regulations are published on the Official Announcements page.
- English level of B2 or higher
- German language knowledge is not required
- You have to bring your English certificate for enrollment
- General information on language requirements at RWTH
RWTH Aachen University is not a university with only one central campus, but it has multiple campuses and buildings spread across the city of Aachen. Below you find links to websites that can help you find the way.
No, unfortunately this is not possible. However, you can check your application status via RWTHonline.
No, the University does not currently charge tuition or applications fees. However, you have to pay a social contribution fee every semester – this currently amounts to around 300 euros.
- General information for all master applicants of the RWTH is provided on the Master’s Application page. Specific information regarding the data science master can be found on the Master’s Application page for Data Science.
- Specific information for international applicants is available on the page for international students.
- Many topics on the process are covered in these FAQs on Master’s applications.
- You can apply for your chosen course on RWTHonline
We require a GRE test for Non-EU applicants with the following scores:
- Quantitative Reasoning: minimum 75th percentile,
- Verbal Reasoning: minimum 15th percentile,
- Analytical Writing: minimum score 3.5
You can find all the courses for this semester and all courses generally offered in the Data Science program on RWTHonline.
Specifics on the curriculum are explained here.
If you have at least a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field, then this is generally possible. If you do not have a suitable degree in these areas, then you are unfortunately not qualified for this program.
No, this is not currently a restricted-admission course of study
No, this does not have any impact on your application for this course of study. Broadly speaking, your academic record is the only factor taken into account when students apply to universities in Germany.
No, we do not require a letter of recommendation, statement of purpose or the like and submitting such documents does not have any impact on your application.
The admission board starts reviewing whether these requirements have been met once the application deadline has passed. It might take a few weeks for all applications to be checked.
You can upload documents yourself during the application period.
Once the application deadline has passed, please ask the International Office to upload your document if you are an international student. If you are a student from Germany, please contact the Registar’s Office on this matter.
No, your Master’s thesis should be related to one of the following specializations: computer science, mathematics, physics, computational life science, computational social science, or business analytics.